To be a vehicle of communication between the Diocesan Bishop and the Pastors regarding Diocesan real estate and any facilities thereon.
Construction and Renovation
- To review and approve all phases of building construction and renovation.
- To assist parishes and schools to comply with regulations regarding hazardous and toxic materials. (e.g. Asbestos, lead, cleaning chemicals)
- To inform pastors, maintenance staff, and committees regarding maintenance, insurance risks and safety issues.
- To encourage pastors to resolve issues raised from insurance risk inspections by the insurance carrier.
- To encourage formation of a Building and Grounds Committee in each parish and school for short-range and long-range planning.
Buildings and Properties
- To review and coordinate all purchases and alienations (sales) of diocesan and parish properties.
- To organize and maintain, at the Pastoral Center, a current database and files on Diocesan real estate and that of the daughter parishes.
- To maintain a tax database and pay taxes on diocesan property that is not tax-exempt.
- To periodically research diocesan property to determine eligibility for tax-exemption under current tax code.